IT Architect • Sales Engineer • Systems Administrator • Network Engineer
IT professional with an over 20-year track record driving strategic IT solutions for some of the top companies in Utah. A combination of diverse, high level IT skills with sales engineering and executive level management experience provide for very strong alignment of IT strategies with business objectives in virtually any environment. These factors have resulted in more secure and more reliable IT systems for all companies serviced.
High Producer • Effective Leader • Skilled IT Architect • Diverse Technical Skill
Proven Sales Engineer • Problem Solver • Highly Creative • Great Communication Skills
In business since 1993. Large reseller and systems integrator based out of Lacey Washington. A leading technology services company and a comprehensive provider of consulting, integration, procurement and support services.
Because RSI is trying to break into the Utah market, my responsibilities at RSI are dual rolled. First I am responsible for providing systems and network engineering services to companies in Utah as well as other states RSI services such as Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and California.
- Providing POC and pre-sales engineering services to some of Utah’s largest companies for services such as Microsoft Exchange, SCCM, Windows Systems, Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Responsible for many large scale, Office 365 and Exchange migration projects in mission critical environments, with many complex demands. All of which have been extremely successful, resulting in RSI gaining many other clients by word of mouth recommendations.
Selling personal security products online. The website is http://lovarityarmor.com. Setting up this company has been one of the greatest challenges of my life but I am excited to have the opportunity to provide such needed products to those who desperately need them.
Responsible for multiple functions including sales, marketing, daily operations, and technical support.
- Successfully setup multiple accounts with wholesale providers to source products to sell on the website.• Successfully setup multiple accounts with wholesale providers to source products to sell on the website.
- Designed and setup a complete store website based on WordPress and Woocommerce. The website required multiple custom modules for things such as restricting sales of stun guns and pepper spray to locations where they are not permitted to be sold, which I designed and programed myself.
- Negotiated for and setup a credit card processing account for high risk merchant (because the site I run sells weapons and personal security products).
Large IT Managed Services provider offering solutions in the area of business automation, VoIP, Internet, Virtual office, and Virtual CIO. Summit has built and maintained systems with 99.9% uptime for many large Organizations. Summit’s Managed Services Clients include The Wasatch Group of Companies, the Real Salt Lake and Rio Tinto Stadium, Broadway Media Group, Real Media Group, Avanti Suites, Grand Peaks Property Management, Club50West, Leavitt Partners, and many others.
Charged with designing and implementing very complex IT solutions and providing deep level technical support for internal and third party customers. Acted as consultant, project manager, Sr. technical support engineer, and sales engineer. Prepared and presented solution presentations to customers, created IT architectural designs, worked with sales to create customer bids and quotes, and help to plan implementation projects. The achieved goal was to provide customers with innovative and agile designs and effectively communicate solutions, helping to drive business forward and ensure customers receive top notch technical solutions and support.
- Increased company revenue to over $2,000,000 per year by designing solutions and products which won several managed service clients in just over one year.
- Minimized downtime by designing redundant ISP services to Wasatch’s multiple buildings utilizing Brocade fiber switches, Sophos firewalls and multiple Internet carriers. The solution was monetized to produce a 50% profit for Summit.
- Improved security with secure connectivity solutions across the Wasatch LAN and WAN infrastructure including the Wells Fargo and Ken Garff buildings as well as Rio Tinto Stadium and Broadway Media. Solutions spanned multiple states including Utah, Colorado and California.
- Added to team knowledge by mentoring other team members with solutions including Windows Server, Citrix, VMware, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, SQL, Cisco, Sophos, Nimble, Ruckus, VOIP, AD, DNS, LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
Responsibilities included the yearly budget, ensuring the company stayed on budget, and managing a great team of technical professionals. Focus involved leveraging 20+ years of technical knowledge to design new systems, manage new projects, install and support systems, provide internal escalation support to the help desk team, and train employees.
- Increased the company’s revenue to over $800,000 per year by hiring, retaining and motivating a highly trained team of technical support staff.
- Produced greater sales by acting as primary sales engineer maintaining many monthly managed-service contracts and engineering several IT solutions to help our customers achieve their goals.
- Provided focused technical expertise and support to high profile customers centered on executive level personnel and complex IT solutions for medium and large customers.
- Assisted large customers with internal security and compliance audits, helping them to identify and mitigate potential exposures and vulnerabilities before they were exploited.
Primary supporting company providing HR, Marketing and IT services to various Sorenson companies including Sorenson Genomics, Sorenson Forensics, Identigene, Sorenson Molecule Genealogy Foundation, Sorenson Associates, Sorenson Bio Science, and many more.
Exceeded expectations providing installation and administration for Windows, Linux, Exchange, SQL, VMware, Citrix, LAN, WAN, VPN, Cisco ASA firewalls, FTP, AD, DNS, EMC SAN, wireless, routers, switches, Cisco phones, security cameras and door controls. I was also charged with managing, mentoring and training the technical team.
- Optimized systems by designing and implementing highly available (HA), multi-server, virtual environment (private cloud), solutions utilizing fiber based EMC SAN and VMWare technologies.
- Improved system security by delivering a cohesive solution for Intrusion Detection and alerting using syslog and Zenoss, a Linux based system and network monitoring solution.
- Optimized system availability to greater than 99.9% uptime and equipped company with scalable systems to support fast business growth.
- Achieved top performance managing a lean team of only six technical support staff and a budget of just 1.2 million dollars to support over 1000 full time employees across 8 locations.
- Held the functional title of Security Officer and was the primary contact for all IT security audits and incidents. I was also responsible for finding and working with security auditors, finding and mitigating security risks, and managing all security systems including firewalls, RSA infrastructure, update servers, IDS/IPS, and even camera and door control systems.
A joint venture of two leading sales associates from OneNet who created an IT consulting firm specializing in sales and service of IT solutions ranging from basic infrastructure such as routers and switches all the way to complex servers and SAN architecture. I joined the team as the lead technology expert. The goal was to continue providing top IT solutions to our combined loyal customer base, as well as build additional business utilizing our collective experience to empower our clients.
Empowered our customers with innovative IT solutions which increased security, minimized downtime and required less maintenance over the life of the solutions. Produced greater profits for the company by leading a top producing services and support team that included many high-level consultants.
- Assisted multiple companies improving system security with advanced firewall, IDS, antivirus, and system update designed and implementation plus other process improvements in password, system access, and data classification policies.
- Designed and implemented many complex IT solutions involving Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, SAN, HP Servers and Cisco switches, routers and firewalls.
- Generated additional sales by acting as Sales Engineer to design and architect systems, create POC’s and present technology solutions helping the sales team achieve greater success selling IT solutions to our clients.
- Increased mobility and productivity with very low overhead by designing and building computer and voice technologies that allowed the company to do business anytime and from anywhere.
Provided IT consulting for Small to Medium size companies as well as re-sell of technology related merchandise both local and online. EO Consulting was essentially an extension of OneNet in an effort to continue providing key services to customers after OneNet went out of business.
Responsible for daily business operations including budgeting, contracts, sales, and technical operations.
- Awarded several regular monthly managed service contracts creating high profits for the company.
- Achieved amazing customer loyalty acting as primary IT support for several companies ranging from desktop support to highly complex server installation and support.
A large IT sales and consulting firm who provided IT solutions to companies and government agencies of all sizes and in locations spanning the Salt Lake valley all the way to Wyoming.
Provide consulting services to clients, specializing in Microsoft technologies such as Windows server and Exchange server, Citrix Server farms, and LAN/WAN solutions. A key part of the job was preparing written documentation on solutions offered for both the client and OneNet. I was also expected to keep up to date on industry certifications such as MCSE, CCA, LCA and stay abreast with new technology and the latest IT trends.
- Conducted security audits and penetration testing for various customers, reported vulnerability findings to customers and even helped to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Worked with a team who developed and installed a custom branded, Linux based, firewall solution which was sold to many customers in the Utah area and effectively protected their systems for many years.
- Increased cost savings and productivity to many large clients by designing and building multi-site computing solutions utilizing Citrix and Microsoft technologies that allowed for low cost and minimal maintenance.
- Maximized company profits by engineering solutions and providing support to several large, well know title companies, many large medical clinics and hospitals, and many government agencies including the IRS.
- Improved sales by working directly with the Sales Consultants to engineer and present solutions to clients and implement sales strategies that added to the bottom line.
The company provided IT support services to clients in the Denver area. One of our key customers was Summit Catalog who was one of the first companies to create electronic catalogs. I helped design, build and support the IT backbone that made this technology possible.
Led team that provided production and project support for desktops, networks, telecommunications, and applications. Designed and built many servers for clients utilizing diverse computer parts to create a high performance platform for our clients demanding software.
- Designed web site hosting services utilizing Microsoft Windows and SQL technology becoming one of the first companies in Denver providing this emerging technology to its clients.
My primary duty was to inventory, pickup, transport and prepare ammunition used on the AH-64 Apache helicopter. I was also required to perform PMC (Preventative Maintenance Checks) on my assigned Oshkosh HEMTT vehicle as well as other equipment assigned to me. I was attached to the aircraft fuelers so I spent time delivering fuel to helicopters and assisted in setting up the forward operating base. In addition to normal military duties, our job required us to be trained in chemical warfare procedures and fire suppression techniques. Due to the sensitive nature of handling ammunition as well as being around military aircraft, I was also required to maintain a top secret security clearance.
Sophos Certified Engineer
Nimble Storage Administrator Certification
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE – 2003)
Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP+I – 2003)
Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA – 2004)
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA – 2003)
Legato Certified Administrator (LCA – 2004)